Search This Blog

Monday, May 6, 2013

Baseball Cookies

Pin It
Hello hello! I hope you are all doing well :)
About a week ago we had a carnival day/fundraiser for the baseball league that my son's team is in.
They had lots of fun activities for the families, and of course lots of yummy looking treats :)
I volunteered to bring some baked goods. I baked the sugar cookies the day before, making just simple circle shapes, but for some reason I left the decorating until the morning of...
I wanted to originally do super hero designs or something along those lines, (like these sweet Justice League/Captain America cupcakes I had made a few months ago), but since we were short on time I had to come up with something else.
My son suggested I make baseball cookies.
(I had a total 'duh, why didn't I think of that?' moment, I mean they were for a fundraiser for baseball teams after all!...Oh well, it made me proud to see him come up with that idea on his own)
I'm so glad he did, because these were SO easy to decorate!
I just started out with frosting the cookies white.
 After tinting a small amount of frosting red I drew two curved lines on each cookie.
 Add the stitching detail, 
 And you are done!
Now you can have a baseball themed treat for anytime!

6 comments:

  1. These are so cute!

    I would love for you to share this and link up to my TGIF Link Party! The party is open every Friday and closes at midnight on Wednesday night. Who knows, you just might be featured next week!

    I follow back: bloglovin, Facebook, and Twitter. =)

    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-peek-into-my-paradise-tgif-link-party.html

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great when you discover a cookie design that's cute yet simple to do! I'm sure they loved these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these, I have them pinned for someday when my boys do baseball to bring as treats. Thanks for showing how easy to do, I was a little worried my lines may come out wonky .. lol.

    Thanks for stopping by, I'm following back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea for a baseball fundraiser, or for an after-game snack. I love that it's easy too, because sometimes I get excited about detailed cookie decorating and never manage to make them because the time required is too intensive.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...